Pages

Background

Monday, September 5, 2011

Today's Music: Stay With Me, Baby

So I am obsessed with music. Music is the doorway to my imagination and inspiration. So I thought I would begin to share with you what brings out the author in me.

For instance, whenever I'm on my music binge, I run through YouTube and let the "Suggestions" do the walking for me. So when I came across the 2007 Mary J. Blige performance of "Be Without You/Stay With Me, Baby" (slight pitchy, mind you, but good nonetheless) my fingers led me to the Ruby Turner version of "Stay With Me, Baby."




Just comparing the singers, you can still sense the desperation to keep their love beside them. What would that look like? A proud woman begging her lover to consider her feelings? Pride doesn't matter - just them.

 Then of course my imagination went off and POOF -  a new scene for my fic I'm working on!

Sigh...I love music...So I'll let you into my eclectic taste. Maybe it will inspire you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment