Pages

Background

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'm going NaNoWriMo!

Quick side note: Many of you do not know this, but I have already finish a story of novel length.
I know, I know - you must be like, what's up Kris?

Well the reason is that most do not know about it, mainly because it's my "practice" novel. I wanted to test the waters to see if I really could do a novel. At currently at about 70,000 words in about 3 months, I think I can do it. 

I plan to put up the novel on here (look to the top tab "Second Wind"), however, there is a few caveats that I need to say. This is really to a particular audience that I created this story.

If you have never divulged into the world of Harry Potter, or have not read the last Harry Potter book,

Then I think you would be rather lost. BUT if you have done the two above things, and are interested in how I create my craft, then please do read and leave comments. I'd love to hear from you.

But back to the original topic at head - NANOWRIMO!

NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to complete an entire 50,000 word novel within the month of November. All for the grand prize - the fact that you completed an entire novel in 30 days. I am so excited at the prospect of sleepless night, gorging coffee and absolute chaos of words, characters and plots.

It'll be just like college! :)

Anyway I have two great ideas for novels that I have been dancing around in my head and I would like some input on which one to go with. I have a particular favorite but I want to create something that genuinely creates interest. Look out for the first two chapters of the ideas within the next couple of days.

Because, of course, the ultimate goal is this: 
ANOTHER BESTSELLING NANO- NOVEL

So wild, so crazy, so ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment