Pages

Background

Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Music: Someone Like You

"Someone Like You" is my favorite Adele song by far. Mainly because it really epitomizes what I was discussing on Monday. You can go through the worst break up of your life or the most crushing thing to your spirit AND still you can come through it with someone or something better. Here's my favorite part of the lyrics:


Nothing compares
No worries or cares
Regrets and mistakes
They are memories made.
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead.


MOST of the time, it is much much much better than the last.

Isn't it funny how we think we know what we want and but when we get it, it's not at all what we expected? And when its gone, something we NEVER even thought of comes along and absolutely blows your mind?

Oh the drama of real life...its just as good as the drama we write about!

Anyway enjoy the song...play it in the background and think of a time where you thought you were down and out of the count, but through inner strength and help you were able to rise up from the ashes. Maybe its a story you could share that could help someone else. Or just write about it like I do :)


Also I'd be remiss if I didn't pay some tribute to Whitney Houston, a singer who made me want to sing since I was 7 years old. Eternally free from her shackles, may you rest in peace Whitney...


No comments:

Post a Comment